Friday, September 16, 2011

My Head is Spinning

I put in my two-weeks notice this past Monday, and I think I'm still in shock. I'm happy, but very, very sad at the same time.

First, I'll explain what the heck is going on. I was informed that there was a position open at the College of Vet Med here at UGA. This position is the exact position I am in now; however, this position will be reclassified to a higher position once a lady retires as early as December. After talking to my husband, we figured it couldn't hurt to try to get the new job b/c it would be a promotion for me. So, I applied.

I ended up getting a call back, I interviewed, and I got the job! I start on September 26th. I am elated! What an opportunity! I am definitely pumped about joining a new department, sharing my ideas, and showing what I can do!

So why am I also sad? I'm going to miss my current job. I love, love, love the staff, faculty, and students I work with. I have been so blessed to have worked in one of the most amazing work environments. The faculty treat the staff like gold (most of them), the staff members are so friendly, and the students are amazing.

I'm not going to lie. I'm so nervous. I'm nervous about the new beginning somewhere unfamiliar. Why? Because I already feel like my world is in choas right now. Wes' eczema is so severe, which is so trying. Then, my dad was admitted into the hospital yesterday, and we don't know what is wrong with him. He is getting blood transfusions as we speak.

All that to say, I am so ready and happy to start my new job, but I'm probably going to cry like a baby when I walk out the door here.

No comments: