Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oranges

I'm sick again. I just don't feel good. I hate this.

I think everyone by now knows I love to cook, but would you believe I've never made my own homemade chicken noodle soup or homemade chicken salad? I know. It's crazy. Well, that is exactly what I did last night. I was cooking up a storm.

My chicken salad was anything special, but I really think I made a good chicken noodle soup. Along with the chicken broth and chicken, I put in carrots, celery, whole wheat egg noodles, and finally...get this...water chestnuts. It was awesome! I love the crunch of water chestnuts.

Tonight I'm making my favorite stew again. It makes a lot, so I will have stew for lunch for a while! Yippee!

Funny story -- I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a lot of good stuff. I bought a beautiful bag of oranges, and I brought one with me to work today to have with my breakfast. I started peeling it and realized it was a damn grapefruit! I don't even like grapefruit and now I have a whole stinkin' bag of them! Crap.

No comments: