Thursday, February 4, 2010

Twilight Schmilight

I have always thought that people who were obsessed with the whole Twilight Saga thing were crazy. Like, literally crazy. It drove me insane to hear every person talk about how many times they've read the book or watched the movies. Get a life people!!! I mean...really? I thought these women were acting ridiculous...until I read it. Now it all makes sense.

I'm not a big reader. Never have been. When I do read, it takes me forever to finish the book. My dear friend/coworker Pattie is an avid reader, so we thought it would be a wonderful idea to start a book club (from my point of view, I thought it would be great because it would make me read more). This book club started in November. The first couple of months didn't really go well with the holidays and birthdays and stuff. A couple of weeks ago, Pattie and I were talking at work one day about which book we would like to read for February's book club meeting. Low and behold...it was decided that Twilight would be it. The book I swore I would never read. However, I will admit I was a little curious to see what this freakin' hype was about.

I've had the book Twilight for over a year. In February 2009, a girl I know (one that is completely obsessed) gave me Twilight to read, and it has been sitting on my bookcase ever since. So one night last week, around midnight, I wasn't sleepy, so I thought, "What the heck. Let's attempt to read this fantasy book with stupid ass vampires. It's going to take me a month to read it, so might as well start now. " I went straight to my recliner, grabbed my Snuggie, and opened the book. I finished the book the next day. As soon as I finished the book, I called my next door neighbor to see if I could borrow New Moon. She brought it over, I finished it in one day, and now I'm almost through with Eclipse. I will finish Eclipse today, and probably finish the last book tomorrow. Then, guess what -- I'm going to read them again. I've already seen the movie Twilight twice, and New Moon once.

Not only have I been sucked in, but my bff Amanda has been, too. Now we scream like little 12 year old girls when we talk to each other about the books.

Anyway, moving along, I feel great! I've been trail running and eating well and bike riding and taking bubble baths and burning candles and using anti-aging stuff. Yep, since turning 28 last week, I swear I'm starting to see wrinkles. I've up'ed the eye cream and moisturizer.

Do you take good care of your skin? What do you do?

1 comment:

Pattie said...

Doncha love it?!?!!!!