This is my birthday week. I started this thing a couple of years ago where not only do we celebrate our birthdays, we celebrate the entire week. Ha. Any excuse for special treatment, right? I mean, we don't party every night or anything, but I get to watch what I want on tv, I get to eat what I want for dinner, I get to do what I want, etc. Yay for me.
Tomorrow I turn 28. Twenty eight freaking years old. Soon to be 30. I don't think I will have a problem turning 30, though. It seems like most of my friends in their 30's seem to have it going on. They seem happy and content. Forty might suck, though.
You probably don't remember my post from last year, but my birthdays always suck. I'm not getting my hopes up that tomorrow will be any different. We are having dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, though, so I'm excited about that.
I got really upset last night, though. So much has changed this past year. Last year on my birthday, Mema was taken to the hospital for the first time, and it was downhill from there, but atleast I got to see her on my brithday. I'm also sad that my dad can't remember by age or birthday. I'm really sad that he won't remember on his own tomorrow to call and wish me a happy birthday like he always does. BUT, again, atleast he is here with us. I just get down sometimes thinking about things, but I try to keeps things in perspective.
Okay, enough of the depressing talk. I'm so proud of myself!!! I ran on Monday and Tuesday, rode my bike on Wednesday and Thursday, ran trails on Friday and Saturday, took a rest day Sunday, and rode my bike last night! I can't wait to hit the trails again. The trails were so muddy from all the rain we've been having. My shoes were caked in mud, I had mud splatters all over my legs and arms, and I LOVED it. Loved, loved, loved it. Wesley thought I was crazy, though, but I just love getting dirty.
Okay, I'm off do some research on anti-aging creams.
No comments:
Post a Comment