Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Long Time No Blog!

It feels good to get back in the swing of things. I work at the University of Georgia, and we had December 24th - January 4th off work. I love the long holiday, but I do get stir-crazy, so it was nice getting back to my office yesterday.

Christmas was so wonderful, but it kind of didn't feel like Christmas this year. It just flew by. We've been so busy that I didn't even finish my Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve! Crazy!

I know I sound like a broken record, but it was just so great just being with my family. It was so different than last year. I cannot imagine what it would've been like if Dad were gone. I sure missed Mema, thought. I wanted her to be there so badly.

I did have my moments though when I wanted to scream. Everyone just seemed to be ill, and I was one of them. I felt like I was being pulled in a million different directions, and some people wanted to point out my faults and tell me all I was doing wrong. I'm the youngest in my family, and I feel like I'm not taken seriously a lot. I feel like a lot is expected of me, and I never do anything right. It gets pretty old quickly. And when I get upset or lose my cool, everyone tells me to calm down and not get so worked up. Well, you know what, I'm tired of it!!! Okay, I feel better after venting. :-)

For Christmas I got a sofa, oversized chair, Snuggie!!!, new shoes, two new fabulous coats, socks, lots of Bath & Body Works stuff, lots of candles, an ipod running thingy, purse, cookbooks, Scattergories game, Taboo game, money, The Office calendar, The Office trivia game, earrings, ornaments, picture frame, and some more stuff. I think I made out pretty well. :-)

I was really thinking about things I wanna change in 2010. I'm not really sure if I wanna call them resolutions, but whatever. Here they are:
  1. Laundry, laundry, laundry! I've got to starting folding and hanging clothes! Enough is enough! I've only folded clothes 5 times in the 4 years we've lived in our house. Don't worry, we keep our clothes clean, but they are usually kept in an organized pile of clean clothes. Ugh.
  2. Take lunch to work daily.
  3. Cook meals once a week to freeze to have on hand when I don't feel like cooking.
  4. Train for a triathlon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Take better care of my skin. I've got to be better at washing my makeup off before bed. I'm turning 28 this month, and I don't want a lot of wrinkles soon!
  6. Read more books.
  7. Save money every month.
  8. Take my multivitamins daily, eat better, and get more sleep! If I wanna get pregnant soon, I've gotta make my health my number 1 priority!

I'm looking forward to a new year!!!

1 comment:

kristen said...

Happy holidays!! You totally made out! Uh, snuggie. hello - best thing ever. I got one for my birthday last year and I love! Scategories and Taboo ROCK!!!! I play those all the time with my fam! so fun.

love your goals for 2010. Good luck. Triathlon training and preggo preparation - I'm right there with ya!