Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Need Coffee

It's 9:30 a.m., and I still haven't had any coffee. I need some asap. I haven't been sleeping well lately. Every night I stay up worrying about anything and everything. I think about things that I have to do the next day, I think about drama going on with friends, I think about stupid stuff I've done in my past, etc. I just can't make my mind stop running all over the place. I think I finally fell asleep about 2:00 a.m., and I could barely drag myself out of my bed this morning.

You know why I think this is going on? Because I haven't really hard-core worked out lately. I've been on my bike occasionally going a very moderate speed, but I haven't gone out for a good run or a good bike ride in over a week. Why? The same old excuse a lot of women use: I've been soooo busy. Blah, blah, blah.

If I could just get my lazy ass out of bed in the mornings (I HATE mornings), I could get a workout in and be set for the rest of the day. Instead, I get pumped up all day at work to go running, and then something always seems to come up --I realize Hunter has a baseball game, Wesley calls to tell me we are going out with his mom for dinner at the last minute, we get invited out with friends, and the list goes on. Once I get home, I just wanna relax on the couch for a minute before going to bed. At the end of the day, I'm stressed, I feel like crap for missing a workout, and it starts all over the next day.

I know, I know...if it were my top priority, I could make it happen no matter what time of the day, and that is just what I intend to do. I mean, when I have kids, I know I will not be able to schedule things out all the time, and I will just have to fit in workouts when I can. I need to start practicing that now.

1 comment:

kristen said...

lol...you gotta train your husband to not make plans when you have a workout. My husband always knows my workout schedule and he always knows to check before he makes plans :)

I know what you mean about the mind racing. Drives me nuts. Lately I've been doing crossword puzzles to keep my mind engaged on something rather than just going crazy. Then when I'm tired I put the tv on sleep timer and fall asleep wile litstening to it in the background. It usually works to quiet my thoughts and keep them focused on soemthing that's not gonna run wild.