Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mood Swings and Chicken Wings

People warned me of the mood swings and cravings during pregnancy, but damn! I can be completely happy and content one second and then crying uncontrollably like a two-year-old the next. And if I have a craving for something, I better get it soon. Here are some instances:
  • Last Saturday I mentioned to my husband that I would like some chocolate. Like the most amazing, kind husband he is, he said, "I'll make you those chocolate muffins." He started to get out the ingredients the box called for, and then I hear him say, "Oh. Our eggs are expired. We don't have any good eggs." (The eggs were really expired.) You know what I did when I realized he wasn't able to make the muffins? I cried. I cried hard for TWO hours. It would have taken us 10 minutes total to run to the store, grab some eggs, and return home. Nope, instead I just cried. I don't think Wesley knew what to do with me.
  • My friend asked me one night if I wanted to come over to her house, and I cried for a while because I wanted her to come to my house.
  • I've had some severe cravings for hot chicken wings with ranch dressing. It's getting out of control. And when I crave them, I have to have them. Yep, it's been chicken wings and chocolate. Before getting pregnant, I didn't even like sweets. Now I would snatch a candybar out a kids hands.
  • I wanted to snuggle with my husband last night on the couch, and he had been working outside all day and was tired and sweaty and hot, and he said, "I'm not in the mood right now." So...I cried.
  • If anything goes wrong at work, I cry all day.
  • If a car infront of me goes to slow or pulls out in front of me or rides the brakes, I get so mad that I want to follow it home to give him/her a piece of my mind.

There are so many more instances that I cannot think of right now, but I will post about them when they come to mind. Hopefully, I will level out soon and be normal. ;-)

The working out thing is going great. I've been spinning twice a week and swimming most other days. I've got to get running. I have got to stick with this tri training program. I still plan on participating in the tri on October 3rd, even though my doctor doesn't really want me to. He thinks I'm gonna go out there and try to win it or something; I plan on taking my sweetass time. I might swim a few yards, float, swim a few more, float. Who knows. If I need to get off the bike and walk a hill, I will. I might walk the whole run portion. We will see. My original goal before knowing I'm pregnant was about 1 1/2 hours. Now it's more like 3. Seriously.

Working out has done wonders for my confidence and emotions. After a good workout, I feel happier, I can think clearer, and I feel sexier (if feeling sexy is even possible right now). Oh, and I can I just tell you how comfortable maternity jeans are? Oh my goodness! I bought a pair this past weekend, and I am inlove!

I'm not really showing yet, but I can tell my belly is different and my work shirts are getting shorter. While I was shopping this past weekend, I tried on some maternity shirts, but most come down to my knees! The fact that I'm only 5'2" and not really showing doesn't help me in the maternity shirt length department. Ugh. I'm at that weird in-between stage where I need bigger clothes, but I don't necessarily look pregnant yet, so the maternity shirts look rediculous.

If there are any pregnant women or moms out there reading this blog, when did you start wearing maternity clothes? When did they start looking "normal" on you?

1 comment:

kristi said...

New follower here! Hope you can check out my blog(s).