Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nesting Already? and Doula

I cannot quit thinking about what needs to be done around our house. This past weekend I was on the couch, and all of a sudden, I jumped up and started throwing things away left and right. I started with the living room. I started chunking magazines and started organizing books (even thought they were perfectly organized already). I then decided it was time to clean out under both bathrooms' cabinets. I starting chunking lotions, soaps, hair stuff, old candles, etc. I then decided I didn't like the way the kitchen cabinet under our microwave was organized. Am I going crazy???

Yesterday I started noticing every speck of dirt or grossness, so on this week's agenda, I am scrubbing our trash can, taking everything out of our frig and scrubbing every shelf and drawer, and cleaning cabinet doors. There is no telling what else I will add on my to-do list.

On a very happy note: I saw my belly move for the first time yesterday! It was awesome! I hope it will start moving more now so my husband can experience it!

Tonight we are meeting a doula (birthing coach). I've been torn about whether to hire one or not. Since I am planning on delivering naturally, I feel a doula would be wonderful. I want to labor as much as I can at home, and the doula would come straight to my house as soon as I think I'm going into labor, she would help my husband comfort me, she would provide emotional and physical support, give massages, run and grab my husband food if needed, be there to tell me what is normal and what isn't, when I should be thinking of heading to the hospital, etc. There are many benefits of doulas. But, on the other hand, I'm thinking I could probably do this on my own. My mom plans to be by my side through the entire process, and she's had two kids naturally, so I'm sure she would know what to do. I'm so confused about what I want. Anyone out there had experience with a doula?

3 comments:

kristi said...

Exciting!!! I cleaned like a dog this weekend too. Still have more to clean though!

Sarah said...

I never had a doula but really wished I did go with one especially for my second, I didn't have a good birth experience in the hospital with her. All was good with her but I found the nurses rude and did not listen to me. From what I've heard from friends they really liked working with a doula.

kristen said...

I've never even *heard* of a Doula so take this for what's it's worth....I think it's a great idea.