Monday, November 22, 2010

What Am I Thankful For? Oh...And Some Other Junk

Happy Thanksgiving Week, everyone! I just love Thanksgiving. It's hard to accept that this is the week of Thanksgiving when I can still go outside in shorts and a t-shirt. Anyhoo, this week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. I absolutely love my family, and I love spending any holiday with them, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas.

On top of seeing family this week, we also put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I am getting cheated out of one day with my Christmas tree, though, since Wesley works Friday at the firestation. We now have to wait till Saturday. (Side note: Two weekends ago when I was really sick and whiney, I asked if we could get our tree early this year. Wesley said no, so I cried for a couple hours. Hahahaha.)

I hope that Baby Wes shares my joy of Christmas trees and decorating. I just love going to pick out the tree, I love cranking up the Christmas music, I love drinking coffee (usually it's wine, but I'll have to substitute coffee this year) while decorating, and I love laughing with Wesley as we hang ornaments (Another side note: For a wedding present, Wesley and I received this box full of really tacky Christmas ornaments. Each ornament stands for something like family, fertility, happiness, etc. The box came with this piece of paper explaining what each meant. At first I didn't even want to hang them, but decided to make the most of it. Now each year, we make a huge deal about these. One of us reads aloud what an ornament means as the other hangs it on the tree. I'm gonna have to post a picture of these beauties.)

So, back to Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for everything! I have never really listed out the things that I am very thankful for, so I'm going to try to list a few:
  • Jesus. Enough said.
  • Wesley. I have married a great guy. He is so handsome, sexy, smart, level-headed, compassionate, hard-working, dependable, sensitive, and amazing.
  • My mom who is everything to me. She has been so supportive of me my whole life, and I don't know where I would be without her.
  • My dad who is one of my best friends. When he almost died last year, my world stopped. I love him so much, and he is my biggest fan.
  • My brother, s-i-l, nephew, and nieces. They keep me entertained, and I love them dearly.
  • My house. I take if for granted. I've learned to be much for thankful though, b/c my best friend cannot purchase a house right now b/c she is still looking for a job, and I know how badly she wants one.
  • Baby Wes. I freaked out at first that I was pregnant, but now I have already fallen inlove with this little baby boy inside me that I can now feel moving around!!!
  • My job. Even though it is stressful a lot of the time, I have a great job with amazing benefits. Again, seeing my best friend looking for a job is so hard. She was laid off two years ago, and she STILL can't find work.
  • My friends. I heard on the radio a few weeks ago, that many Americans do not have a best friend. Without my hand full of best friends, I don't know who I would talk to. There are certain things that I can't talk to my husband about (girly, gushy stuff) or my mom (too private stuff).
  • Health insurance. Um...what in the hell would I do if I had to pay for this pregnancy out of my pocket? I've paid one $15 copay this entire pregnancy, and I will owe my hospital $200 after I give birth.
  • Coffee. I love you, coffee. I would be a bitch without you.
  • My health. I think we all take for granted that most of us can walk, talk, hear, see, get pregnant, work, run, drive, sew, cook, etc.
  • Crab legs. I'm serious. I had crab legs last night, and I almost cried they were so good.
  • T-shirts. If I had to wear work shirts all the time or go naked, I would be very unhappy.
  • Apple juice. Apple juice is awesome.
  • Internet. Can you remember life before we had internet? I can't. I rely on the internet to learn stuff, look up funny videos to laugh at, stay connected to certain friends, and to waste time.
  • Running, swimming, and biking. I looooove these three things. Now if I could just compete in a tri.

I could go on and on and on, but I don't have the time. I will continue my list this week.

Currect craving: Warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream on top.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think of me brushing the 6" of snow off my car, scraping the ice off the windshield, and navigating icy streets in -20°C weather while you wear shorts and t-shirts around your Thanksgiving. :p

I love crab legs too. And I don't know how I ever lived without the internet. How did people find out about things?

Sarah said...

Great thankful list! I have a friend who is still paying the hospital for her last son, who was healthy, he's almost 3! Insurance is very important.