So here is what I'm struggling with right now (other than getting no sleep, getting peed and/or pooped on almost daily, and trying to figure out how to grocery shop with a crying baby) -- finding time to exercise and not feel guilty about it. How do moms do it?
Here's what I'm dealing with: my husband Wesley works 24 hours on, 48 off. I work Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Wesley is staying home with little Wes while I'm at work, and my mother is watching Wes the days that Wesley works (every 3rd day).
The days Wesley watches him, he is spending 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. straight with Wes, so I feel so guilty saying, "Oh, honey. I'll be home an hour later than normal because I'm going running, so you will now be spending 11 hours straight with Wes, and then I'll have to cook dinner when I get home, so that will be another half hour or so." See what I'm saying? I know Wesley is the dad and all, but I feel guilty him not having a "break" from Wes, not that Wesley necessary wants a break. And, of course, I feel horrible about not spending every available second outside of work with my son since I work all day. You know?
I'm trying to make it all work. I have a membership at the YWCO that is about a 5-10 minute drive from work depending on traffic. I could workout there on my lunch break. I could take my lunch break a little later in the day, workout for 30 minutes, freshen up at the gym, and then be back to work within an hour. That would be great except if I want to swim, I would have to completely redo my makeup and blowdry my hair (at least just partially and then throw it up in a bun).
I could also ditch my YWCO membership and join the YMCA. The YMCA is closer to my house and offers child care 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. I could go home after work, cook dinner, and then go workout for up to an hour and take Wes with me. With this scenerio, I could workout longer and not be in a rush, but I would be spending less time with Wes, and I would feel guilty leaving him in child care when I just get home from work!
Also, with the YMCA membership, I could go very early in the mornings before Wesley gets out of bed, but that would only work well if Wes is sleeping through the night and into the morning. Right now, Wes is waking up around 2:30 a.m. and again either at 4:30 a.m. or 5:30 a.m. That would mean I would be waking up from about 2:30 a.m. - 3:00 a.m., going back to sleep till about 4:30 a.m., feeding Wes, putting Wes back to sleep about 5:00 a.m., and then head to the gym. I guess if I could get to bed early enough, I would get enough sleep.
See? Decisions, decisions. What would you do??? What do you do now??? Help!
No comments:
Post a Comment