Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mission to Me!

On January 27th, I turn 30. Am I sad? Heck, no! I'm excited! I look forward to this new decade and a new me!

I am bound and determined to start my 30's loving myself and striving to become the best me possible. I don't want to look back at my 30's and think, "Gosh, I didn't do this or that because I didn't love myself enough." That's a constant struggle for me now, and I want it to stop. Wesley deserves the best wife, and my son Wes deserves the best mom.

My first year of my 30's I'm going to devote to ME. I'll call it "Mission to Me." (Thanks, Kari, for the perfect name for this!) During this year, I will not quit on myself, I will not bad talk myself, I will not be jealous of others because I will love ME! I will do everything I can to finally reach my goals.

This year already has some pretty cool stuff planned. First up, my 30th birthday. In March Wes will be ONE YEAR OLD. In October Wesley and I return to Jamaica! I want to take a trip to a water park this summer with Wes. I will be doing my 2nd triathlon in June. Those are just to name a few.

So what am I going to do to reach my goals? Well, I started the year off by putting away all my excuses, "I'm too tired for this," "I can't workout tonight, because I need to spend quality time with Wes," "I can't workout today, so I will eat buffalo chicken fingers for dinner," etc. You get the picture.

I try to workout after Wes goes to bed so I can spend as much time with him as possible before his bedtime. However, I've decided that if some nights I have to workout immediately after work, it is okay. Wes will not really notice that I'm gonna a little longer than usual. Plus, I will be a much better mother because of it.

Another big thing I've been doing is every Sunday night, I cook enough healthy food to take to work for lunches all week, and I stick with it. I will allow myself to eat out for lunch every other week or so when my coworkers order take-out, but I'm not going to go out all the freaking time like I used to. I'm saving a ton of calories and money.

I've also started taking time to read again and also take bubble baths. That has really done a lot for me mentally and emotionally. Before, I would just go, go, go, from sun up to sun down and never take time to unwind. Reading has allowed me to escape for a little.

Change of subject, I totally need to update everyone on Wes. You wouldn't believe how big he is! I will save that for another post.

Anyway, I'm excited for this year!

No comments: