Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Beginnings!

Hello, all!  It's been a while!  My life is total choas right now, but in a good way, thank the Lord.  Wesley and I are great, our son Wes is wonderful, my family is doing well, and I'm loving my new job.

My father went through another rough patch recently.  He has been vomitting every couple hours, and the doctors couldn't find out why.  He ended up having his gallbladder removed (which because he is considered high-risk, if was very nerve racking), but he made it through surgery just fine.  He is still getting sick, but not as often. 

My life is in total choas right now mainly because of my job.  In September of last year, I left a job that I LOVED at the College of Pharmacy to move the College of Veterinary Medicine, because I knew the move would open up a chance for advancement.  Sure enough, my supervisor Amanda announced her retirement in April (sniff, sniff), and I had to go through the application and interview process to hopefully get chosen as her replacement.  Low and behold, the good Lord blessed me with the job.  Amanda's last day will be on June 29th, and I will begin as a Business Manager on July 2nd.  I'm excited about the new opportunity and role, but I know it will be a challenge because Amanda has been the Business Manager for 20 years!  She knows everything! 

My personal life is going great, too.  Wesley has got to be the best husband.  He works hard to take care of Wes while I'm at work, he keeps the house clean, and he has been so supportive lately. 

I'm still working on balancing everything, though.  I feel like all I do is work all day, come straight home and start dinner, feed Wes, bathe Wes, get him ready for bed, put him to bed, and then prepare for the next day.  After all that, I am too exhausted to workout, so I crash on the couch and then do the same thing the next day.  I feel like I don't have any time for myself to take care of me.  As a consequence, I am quicker to anger, snappy, and my self-confidence is at a very low point.   

My feelings are also kind of hurt, because Wes has this special bond with Wesley.  I always pictured having a "mama's boy," but Wes is definitely a "daddy's boy."  When Wesley isn't at the fire station, I am almost invisable; when Wesley is at work, Wes is all over me, though.  So, I will continue to be thankful that I have a husband that is so involved with our family and try not to get my feelings hurt when Wes runs to my husband instead of me when he falls down and gets hurt.  :-) 

I reached a breaking point two nights ago while lying in bed.  I started sobbing and told my husband that I needed some "me" time and that I have got to start working out again.  He agreed that this is important for me and our family, because he has realized I haven't been as happy.  I'm excited to say that after work today, I'm going on a long trail run.  I. Cannot. Wait.  Trail running is so addicting to me.  Here's to hoping I will find balance.
 

No comments: