Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Triathlon and Half Marathon Training

So as you know, I completed my first triathlon last June after training for one week and only two months after giving birth.  Probably not the best idea, but I did it. 

I had plans to do another one last year and a few this year, but dang, the sport of triathlon is expensive!  That being said, it is totally worth it, though.  All I need to do now is get my butt in gear and start training.  There is a local tri in September I wanna do, and there is a half-marathon here in Athens in October that I plan to do with my husband and some of his fellow fire fighters.  I would probably do a half-marathon any time if it weren't in Athens, though.  With it being in my small town of Athens, everyone goes to watch.  I mean everyone.  Tons of my former classmates and friends that I haven't seen in years will be there, and I would hate for them to see my ass in it's current shape crossing the finish line.  It's definitely motivation to get my butt moving so I won't embarrass myself in October!

My diet has been far from great.  I mean, I eat well for the most part.  I love fresh veggies, whole grains, lean meats, etc., but I eat wwwaaaaayy too much of everything, put way too much sugar and creamer in my coffee, don't drink near enough water, and sometimes go too long without eating.  My other huge problem is that if I lack the decipline to say "no" to that doughnut at the office, I have that "all or nothing" mentality that says, "Screw the rest of the day.  You've already messed the day up, so just eat more crap the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow."  That is a horrible mentality to have!  I can't stop it, though.

Off to drink some water!


No comments: