Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feeling Good

Wow, what a shitty past month. I was sooooo happy to see September gone.

Dad is making wonderful progress, but he still has his bad days. He doesn't have any short-term memory, and he still can't speak clearly, but he is working with an Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, and a Speech Therapist daily. He can walk a little ways and he can eat on his own for the most part. I am so very proud of him, and I am so happy. However, he has hit a depressed phase. He knows he can't do everything he wants to, and he knows he can't remember anything. He can't remember that I spent the weekend with him. That is making him so sad, but he is being reassured daily that it will get better.



Here are some pics!

Dad one week after heart attack.

Dad the first full day at the Shepherd Center.


Dad yesterday morning! What a difference, huh?


I am so mad that some people that I thought would be the first person to go see dad in the hospital never went to see him! I know I should just let it go, but I can't. I'm mad. My feelings are hurt, and I know dad's would be, too, if he could remember. I mean, some people traveled over 3 hours to visit dad, and some people couldn't travel a few mintutes? Really? Ugh! I just need to scream! I want to confront the person, but I don't want to start anything, but I'm not the one to keep my mouth shut. What would you do?

I'm feeling so great. I've been eating every 3 or 4 hours, and I've been eating awesome stuff. I bought lots of healthy stuff at Kroger yesterday, and I'm addicted to a store in Atlanta that I had never been to -- The Fresh Market. Pricey, but amazing. I've been working out almost daily for atleast 30 minutes. I'm so out of shape, but I know it will take time. My hubby bought me some cool wrist sweat bands. Ha! Totally 80's, but I like them. :-)

1 comment:

kristen said...

Ohhhh I so miss Fresh Market. Food is one thing I never go cheap on!

I think you should put all the energy into being upset with that person(s) into loving on your dad. Maybe eventaully you can bring it up with the person, but now is not the time. I totally understand about being angry and not being one to keep your mouth shut, but for you Dad's healing sake right now - keep it on the DL. Deal with it later if you must. It's pretty shitty, I know, but it sounds like your Dad has lots of other awesome supporters. To hell with em!

Your dad looks great in the new pictures!