Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This and That

Where to start. Hmmmm... I've been in a mood recently, and I'm talking about a real mood. I try to be nice, but all I wanna do is tell everyone that has recently pissed me off exactly how I feel about them. I'm still mad about certain people not calling/visiting my dad, I'm mad about some favors that were not returned, I'm mad about some people bitching about the littlest things, etc. Yeah, so don't piss me off any time soon. Mom and I fought yesterday because she is breaking too, and I completely went psycho on my hubby last night. I think I actually scared him.

Last week I could feel me starting to really break, so you know what I did? Thursday after work, I went home, changed into my running clothes, and I went running. I went really running. Not just a little jog. I ran hard and fast. It was raining outside (which I love, seriously), so I was pouring sweat and drenched with rain. It was completely and totally awesome. I almost puked a few times, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's amazing how much clearer my head was after. I was sore as hell on Friday, but I did it again on Friday.

Saturday I woke up early and rode my bike, and then the hubby and I went to Atlanta for the weekend to visit dad (who is doing great and still improving!!!). I didn't workout Sunday, and I had every intention of going running again last night until I totally went crazy and screamed at everyone (and ate Krispy Kreme doughnuts, a whole different story). Tonight my nephew has a football game at 7:30, so I'm going running before, and I'm really excited about it.

I've been eating really clean, too (minus the doughnuts last night), and I can really start to tell how much better I feel. I've eaten mainly chicken and fish and shrimp, lots of veggies, whole grains, yogurt, and drank tons of water.

I've decided that as soon as the 2010 triathlon race schedules are posted, I'm going to sign up for one. I'm so freaking nervous, but so damn excited! I think I would feel better if I actually went and watched one, so I would know what to expect. Does anyone know when are the races for the following year are usually posted? Will it be the end of this year or beginning of next? I'm going to do a few 5k's, too (mainly because I love the t-shirts, I'm not going to lie). :-)

The temperature in GA is dropping, and I've been freezing. I don't really have any workout clothes geared toward cold weather except for some beat-up, old, raggidy sweatshirts. I think I'm going shopping this weekend to get some items to layer. What does everyone else where?

3 comments:

kristen said...

Keep sweating girl. It's my therapy and it sounds like you need it! Keep you head up and try not to piss off the people that love you (too much at least - they understand the stress your under). Hows the non-smoking going?

So I am waiting on the 2010 races to be posted too....super annoying. I'm hoping they post right after the new year. Who knows? I'm thinking of doing a couple of tris too. They are fun!

I wear tights and long sleeves. Always technical fabrics. The good stuff is more expensive, but if you plan to run alot through the winter it's a good investment really. Hat or one of those fleeces headband ear warmers, gloves. There are so many choices....

Kari@Onederland said...

Hey Girl. I'm back. sorta. I'm feeling a lot like you. Extreme irritability. lol. I'm pissed off about some things that have been said lately and I'm finding it hard to bite my tongue. I know I need to get exercising. That's another story. I'm pretty much feeling better minus my ears and throat still bothering me a little. As for the workout gear outside. I haven't a clue but I guess I'm gonna learn cause I'll be walking outside during this cold weather now.
Anyways I've got nothing really helpful to add. lol. Just wanted to say your not alone, good for doing something positive, and I hope that you continue on this healthy journey of yours!

Kari@Onederland said...

hey girl. what's your email adress?
mines kariandderek@gmail.com
I'd love to catch up.