Monday, November 2, 2009

30 Day Shred and Oats

I just love Halloween! This year I dressed up as a witch, and Wesley actually suprised me and dressed up as a farmer. He was so adorable. The plan was for Amanda to come over, and we were just going to pass out candy. I went out and bought a lot of candy, and I was so excited because the past 3 Halloweens we have lived at my house, we haven't been home to pass any out. Do you know what? Not one damn trick or treater stopped by! I'm left with a huge bowl of candy that doesn't need to be eaten by anyone in our household.

Quick update on dad - we can come home on weekends now! He will be in rehab in Atlanta until mid-December, but at least he can come home Friday thru Sunday! We were all so happy to have him here this past weekend. When it got time for him and mom to head back to Atlanta, he just cried and cried. I can't imagine how he is feeling right now, but he is doing great!

Now to the serious, fun stuff -- I'm still running and eating very well, and I'm feeling great! I finally broke out my running tights, and I love them. I want 20 more pair. Wesley called me a couple of weeks ago from Best Buy. I asked him since he was there, would he mind picking up Jillian's 30 Day Shred. Has anyone out there tried it? I still haven't opened it, but hopefully I will have time to try it tonight. I really want p90x, but can't afford it right now. This month I plan on taking my bike in to get serviced, and I will be hitting the pool soon, too! Whoo hoo! I just ADORE swimming, and I love the feeling I have after swimming hard and then taking a nice shower after.

Now on to the oats...I bought some quick0-cooking oats because I see all these delicious looking breakfast my fellow bloggers make. I have no idea what to do with them, though! I think Meghann just puts some in a bowl with some milk, yogurt, and fruit and let it all sit overnight. It sounds like a good plan, but I don't know if she cooks them first. Anyone know what to do with them?

2 comments:

kristen said...

I use steel cut oats and they are delish. oats and kosher salt. yummo.

That so awesome about your dad being home on the weekends. Sounds like he has a great support team!

I've heard the 30 day shred is intense. Like it creeps up on you how sore you get the next days. Do it and tell us about it.

Kari@Onederland said...

30 day shred pretty much is awesome. I did find it a tiny bit hard on my knees. I haven't made it past level one yet. the pushups are fricken hard.
oats are yummy. my current combo goes like this.
1/3 oats (not instant)
1/3 milk
1/3 water
cook it to desired consistancy (i like mine a little runny, but a little thick) and then I add in some ground flax and a tbsp of pumpkin butter. DELCIOUS!!!

or you can add a tbsp. of :
peanut butter
low sugar jam
almond butter

really any kind of flavoring you like but I try to stay away from brown sugar, maple syrup, etc.

and alongside the oatmeal I eat 1/2cup cottage cheese and this breakfast really holds me over well.