This week has had it's ups and downs, but it has actually been a good week.
I received a wonderful suprise, actually two of them, this past weekend. My mom told me she wanted me to run some errands with her, and one of those errands was to look for her a new sofa. I didn't understand why because she had just gotten new furniture a couple of years ago, but I've learned not to say anything to mom when she gets in a redecorating mood.
So off we went to the furniture store. Once we got there, she looked around the store, and so did I. I've had my parents old sofa and loveseat that are over 30 years old, and I've covered them with slipcovers. I have been wanting new furniture, but knew we couldn't afford it. I immediately fell inlove with this chocolate brown sofa. Mom came up and very casually asked it I like it. When I told her I loved it, she said, "Okay, I'm going to pay for it." We kind of got into it in the middle of the store (quietly, not where anyone could hear us), because I told her she didn't need to be spending a dime on her kids, and that she needs to be focusing on getting their house remodeled for dad. Long story short, I lost the battle, and I got a new sofa that day.
Sunday I went into work with mom to help her get caught up a little, and while I was there Wesley called me to say we had another piece of furniture to pick up! Wesley's mom went to the same furniture store and bought me the other piece I wanted -- I large, oversized chair! I was so happy I started crying in mom's office. This has been such a shitty year, and Wesley and I have been fighting lately over how we should decorate our house, so it was so wonderful to get something new that I loved -- and I picked them out, not Wesley! Ha! He loves them, though. Our new couch is so big that we can both lay on the couch side by side with rooms to spare.
These were taken with my cell phone, so bare with me...
Our new sofa!

Our new oversized chair!

Wesley on our new sofa. See how big it is?

I've worked out everyday, and I've been eating wonderfully. I will be getting home after dark tonight, so I think I'm going to hop on the treadmill.
I'm really excited about this weekend. Wesley and I celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom, dad, brother, sis-in-law, niece, and nephew the Saturday before Thanksgiving because my brother and his family spend Thanksgiving Day with my sis-in-law's family in Tennessee. I'm responsible this year for the turkey, deviled eggs, and veggies! I'm so sick of vegetable casseroles, so I think I'm going to spruce it up this year.
I leave you with some random pics of my family...
Here's a recent pic of dad.

Mom trying to stick a huge flower off one of her bushes. Isn't it humongous and beautiful?

Stan (my brother) doing the same thing. We were all laughing so hard because we said maybe it would make his nose look smaller. (He and mom have some big noses.) :-)

Stan with a deer he killed in Missouri. 
1 comment:
Yay for new furniture. That's sooo cool. You just can't argue with a mother - they'll win everytime!
In your case that's awesome. I love it.
I'm also excited for your triathlons scheduled for next year. That's awesome. Your going to love it....and your going to kick ass!
Post a Comment