My husband and I are fighting right now. Wanna know why? All because of house decor and furniture. It all started at our wedding. He had to be so involved in the planning (which is some womens' dream!). He picked out our wedding invitations, he picked out our everyday China, he picked out our fine China, etc. Ugh! I had all these wonderful ideas of the look I was going for, but he shot them all down. I should have stuck up for myself back them.
So...fast forward to now...I found this gorgeous comforter set. I had every intention of just ordering it without asking him first. For some stupid reason, I sent Wesley an email with a picture of the comforter. He called and said, "I hate it." Ugh! It was so beautiful. It wasn't very girly, it was romantic, and perfect, but of course he didn't like it. Last week he took it upon himself to go and buy a toilet paper holder and door knobs without asking me, so why should I have asked him?
What guy gives a crap about this stuff anyway? My mom told me that my dad never has cared about how she decorates the house. All of my friends husbands could care less except they wouldn't want pink walls. Why can't my husband leave it up to me?! I know it sounds crazy, but I'm really frustrated. Ha! I know he means well, though, God love him.
My question is this -- do y'all let your significant other help decide on house decorations or do you just go buy what you want and let him live with it?
On to running -- with this time change, it's now dark at 6:00 p.m. at my house. I'm such a sissy because I'm always looking back over my shoulder when I run outside anyway, even if it's still light outside. I'm really trying to wake up earlier to run in the mornings, but that just isn't happening yet. My bed is too warm and cozy. When I run at dark, I run with pepperspray, so I'm ok, right? I just need to quit making excuses and go do it!
2 comments:
That's crazy?! My hubby didn't give a crap about our wedding. Just as long as it was short and sweet with less than 50 people. (which was exacly what I wanted, so it was all good there.)
Luckily we pretty much have the same taste. earthy modern (think Pottery barn). I often buy things without his asking and then bring it home. I don't relly remember having to return things because he din't like it. By now I pretty much know what he'll like and not like. If I don't think he'll like it, I just don't buy it. However, when it comes to big things like a comforter - I would def. ask him. I mean it's his room too, he should like it just as much as me. YOu did the right thing even though he shot it down. Plus if its something over like $200, I'll ask him. It's not worth fighting over. You guys just have to find soemthing that is 'gender-neutral' (that word is so gay).
Good luck picking out stuff. Maybe you guys should go window shopping together and figure out what kinds of things you both like....
If my husband had his way our house would be decorated with soccer scarfs, hockey pictures, jerseys, etc. While I do care about what he does/doesn't like....I do ask him what he thinks with the understanding that I ultimately have the final say. :) We recently purchased new bedding, I picked some that I liked and then he got to pick one of them that he liked. That's how I roll. lol.
Post a Comment