Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Triathlon Training and Crossfit

I cannot tell you how nervous I am about this triathlon that I'm signed up and training for. The date? October 3rd!!! I know I have given myself plenty of time to be ready for it, but I'm still scared as hell. I'm scared of the swim, the transitions, and failing at the bike part. The run doesn't scare me as much because I know I will be able to walk if needed.

I've been training hard, and I'm feeling great. When I say training hard, I mean that I am following a triathlon training plan, eating clean for the most part, and doing crossfit. I take two full rest days off a week, and I always feel energized the day after my rest days.

I have not been swimming yet, but my first date with the pool is tomorrow night, and I cannot wait! I either been riding my road bike around my small town, or I've been going to spinning class twice a week. I've either been running at high schools, local parks, or trails.

I will tell you the hardest part of anything I've been doing is crossfit. I go 2-3 times a week, and it has kicked my butt. I'm sore a lot, but it's a good sore. My cousin is my trainer, and he has been gearing my sessions around my triathlon training. During my sessions I'm doing stuff like pushups, pullups, runs, sprints, situps, rowing, back extensions, boxing, squats, wallballs, etc. Holy hell, is it hard! However, no matter how many times I almost throw up or want to cry, I always walk out of the gym feeling so much stronger and more confident.

I definitely still need to work on my diet. For breakfasts I've been eating yogurt with granola and hard boiled eggs. Snack is fruit or veggies. Lunch is leftovers, salads, sandwiches, or something healthy. Afternoon snack is fruit, veggies, popcorn, or nuts. Dinner is grilled chicken, steak, or salmon with a side of homegrown veggies, and a whole grain. I've been downing water like nobody's business, but am still drinking my coffee daily and my cold beer on weekends. :-)

In almost 3 weeks, I've lost a noticable amount of fat. I can tell in my clothes and the way I feel. The number on the scale has barely changed, but I don't care about that at all.

I will post regularly on my progress, and please feel free to send any advice my way on training and ways to eat better!!!

No comments: