Monday, January 24, 2011

Those Dreaded Phone Calls, Update, and a Picture!

My weekend was going great until yesterday. Wesley and I were riding around when my phone rang. My mom was calling me to tell me they were rushing dad to the ER because he couldn't breath right. They kept him over night to see if it was another heart attack. The cardiologist said this morning that he doesn't think it was, but they did find that dad's hemoglobin was low. That means he is either losing blood somewhere or isn't making any. We will know more soon, but thank the good Lord it wasn't his heart! I'm just praying they will find out soon what is wrong with him and that it isn't serious at all. Man, those are the worst phone calls to get. And why is it people seems to drive slower when you are in a rush to get somewhere very important like a freaking hospital?! Ever since his life-changing heart attack in September of 2009, I worry constantly about him. I've had to see a therapist, because it has been causing me so much anxiety, so you can imagine my stress level yesterday. Whew.




Update on Wes -- he is most definitely a big one! I will be 33 weeks tomorrow, and he is measuring over 37 weeks. OMG! I look about 12 months pregnant! Ha! I can't imagine how I'm gonna look/feel in another month! The doctor said he isn't big because of my gestational diabetes, because I've been controlling my blood sugar so well, but he is just big because he is just big. :-)



I'm pretty bummed, though. They said that they will look into possible induction or c-section when I'm around 38 weeks, but they are highly suggesting that I have a c-section. The reason for this is with gestational diabetes, the chance of the baby's shoulders being too big is a huge concern. I know I will do whatever is best for the baby, but I've always wanted to experience labor. I've always invisioned a natural childbirth, and it's pretty disappointing that I probably won't. Oh, well. Everything happens for a reason, and I will be excited either way to see my son!!!



Current craving: CAKE! Ooey-gooey chocolate cake with ice cold milk.



Here I am at 32 1/2 weeks!:

2 comments:

Kari@Onederland said...

Hey Girl. I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that it isn't anything serious. I don't think you look that huge at all, you are round, and perfectly cute sporting that baby bump! I only hope I look as good you do!!! :) Um, I'm not a professional, and I haven't been through labour myself, but I just think it's wrong that dr.'s try to push c-sections so much. I think I'd refuse, unless I've actually been able to try and labour and they found it wasn't working. They tried to push my sister into a c-section because her baby was suppose to be sooooo big. WRONG they were. He was no bigger than her first, and she didn't have any problems.

Pattie said...

Why didn't you tell me about your dad when I called?! I feel so bad. My issues are nothing in comparison. I love roly poly babies. SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!