Holy crap. Is this really happening? Am I really about to be a mom sometime in the next couple weeks? This can't be so! Me? In charge of raising a human being? I'll completely admit I'm having my moments of pure panic. I know once he gets here, everything will be wonderful, and I will fall head over heels in love with my boy, but it's terrifying at the same time!
I over analyze everything and over react to everything and I've been called "dramatic," so I know that me expressing my complete fear of being a mom makes me seem like a total selfish person. I'm just so shocked how all of my friends that have children never seemed to completely freak out when they knew their first child could be born any minute. Did they just hide their fear?
I was 38 weeks along on Tuesday. I have an ultrasound appointment tomorrow to check the size of the baby, and then I meet with the doctor on Monday to go over the ultrasound results. If I have not gone into labor by next week, they will induce. I had my last ultrasound at 4 weeks ago, and he was already 6 lbs., 11 oz. (guesstimated), so I am anxious to see how big he measures tomorrow. Please pray I go into labor on my own, because I. do. not. want. to. be. induced.
Here's to hoping the next time I post will be about my precious baby boy's birth!
No comments:
Post a Comment