Monday, March 7, 2011

Almost Time!!!

I went to the doctor last Friday for an ultrasound to check Wes' size, and I had a bad contraction during it. The ultrasound tech mentioned that to the doctor, so the doctor checked me out. I was 3 cm! He went ahead and stripped my membranes (sounds gross and painful), and he told me I would probably have the baby over the weekend. Well, no luck. I'm stuck having contractions every 5 minutes apart.

I had my checkup appointment this morning at 8:30 a.m. I'm still 3 cm, 90% effaced, and the head is at -1 station! I'm so close! We went ahead and scheduled an induction for Thursday morning at 6:00 a.m.! He knows I'm against induction and any intervention, but I have certain risks right now that I can't ignore because of the fact I'm gestational diabetic and on meds for it. I'm still going to try my hardest to do this without an epidural. I'll try to post an update soon after having him! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kari@Onederland said...

Goooooooooooood Luck Christy. I'm so dang excited for you. Been thinking of you A LOT lately, just seems that our schedules don't match up. Praying for a easy delivery, and a healthy baby boy and mamma! Seriously though....after all our talks, I can't believe you are gonna be a mamma. Makes me heart smile.

kristen said...

All this terminology sounds like you are preparing for a rocket launch.

GOOD LUCK! A thousand times good luck. Lots of prayers for a healthy speedy natural delivery. Love you freind!