Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm Loving This Date Night Thing

Last night Wesley and I went out to eat together again. That was the 3rd time in the last 3 weeks that we've gone out together for a real date. Before then, I believe the last time we had date night was on our anniversary last year! Normally during the week, we go over to Amanda and Tim's house a few nights a week, but lately we've been staying at home like "normal" married people, and it has been amazing!!!

We went out to Logan's Roadhouse last night, and we sat in a cozy little booth, ordered a delicious appetizer, had amazing food, and the service was great. I seriously felt like we were on our first date. I couldn't quit smiling, and we couldn't quit flirting. One highlight of the dinner was when this older lady in some cute highheels busted her ass in front of everyone. She immediately started complaining of pain and making a big scene. She very loudly said, "I fell because of the peanuts on the floor!" (For those of you that have never heard of Logan's, they have peanuts to snack on, and you throw the shells on the floor.). Paperwork was filled out, yada, yada, yada, she was fine, but she talked about it the entire time she was there -- believe me, we were in the booth behind her. Talk about annoying.

After dinner, we went home and watched Mall Cop (cheezy, but funny), Blazing Saddles (a true classic), and some of Lonesome Dove (another classic). We just snuggled and watched movies. What a perfect night!

I haven't really worked out this week, and boy am I feeling it! I feel sluggish and bloated. I'm going to run when I get home from work before I find anything to distract me. After a nice run, I'm going to spend the evening redecorating our house a little (do y'all ever just get sick of seeing the same old stuff mismatched stuff in the same place?), cleaning, baking the hubs some brownies, and pampering. A dip in the pool might be in order, and a bubble bath later is probably going to be a necessity.

This is one of my favorite weekends where Wesley works on Friday and then Monday, so he's off all day tomorrow and Sunday! I love it when this type of weekend rolls around, because I spent Friday night getting the house in order and then Saturday and Sunday partying! I might throw some ribs on the grill tomorrow night to have with some cold beer!

What are your plans this weekend?

1 comment:

kristen said...

Date nights are wonderful. I'm glad you guys are doing that.

What else do I do when the hubby is gone! workout, sleep, watch tv.

I'm glad you are going to have a great weekend.