I can't believe it's been almost a week since I've blogged. I've been slacking. Last week was great. I worked out daily and ate very healthy. Thursday night Wesley and I partied with Tim and Amanda and Friday night we went to a cookout at my parents. Since Wesley worked at the firestation on the 4th, I spent the day in my pool, and then I took some brownies to the guys at the station and I stayed around a while and hung out. Wesley really seemed to appreciate me coming to see him, so I will make much more of an effort to visit on weekends.
Last night took a turn for the worse. Wesley and I never fight, but something has been really bothering me in our marriage, so I tried to talk to him about it. I've tried talking to him about it before, but he just gets defensive and shuts me off, so progress is never made. I brought it up last night, and to make a long story short, I cried all night, almost spent the night on the couch, and I didn't fall asleep until 3:00 a.m. He won't listen to me long enough for me to really explain how I feel before he starts getting angry. When he starts getting angry and defensive, I therefore get very frustrated, and it turns into a big, ole mess. We ended up finally really talking about the situation, but I know things won't change unless I really make them change, so he's in for a rude awakening. Sometimes I just gotta do what I gotta do.
He's on his way here to my work to eat lunch with me, so let's just hope food doesn't start flying.
1 comment:
Glad to hear that you had a great week of good foods and exercise. Bummer about the communication problems with the husband...it's not easy being married, but when the ability to communicate to each other isn't there it just makes it that much harder. I feel for you. We are experiencing some of the same things. I wanna talk when somethings bothering me but he shuts down and then blows, ends in a huge fight, crying, then sorrys, and nothing is ever really changed. We are going to take a couples communication course. I think it's something that can benefit us not only in our marriage but in other relationships as well. Hoping that things get better for you two!!!
Post a Comment