Thursday night I folded at least 20 loads of laundry, and I'm not exaggerating. I started about 5:45 p.m. and finished around 1:00 a.m. Laundry just isn't my thing. I'm a neat freak, but I just can't seem to get motivated to keep the laundry under control. We hardly have any dirty clothes ever, but we just aren't good about putting the clean clothes away. I absolutely dispise folding and hanging up clothes. In the almost 4 years of living together, I had only folded and hung up clothes 4 times until Thursday. Don't get me wrong, our clean clothes are very organized into different laundry baskets and mesh hampers, so it's not like they are flung all over the house. I will admit, but not to my husband, is that I kind of got in a groove on Thursday night, and I think I might have enjoyed it. I turned on the tv to the FoodNetwork and just worked away. I ran out of hangers, so Wesley went about bought me 50 this weekend, so I'm gonna finish hanging tonight. Oh, and Wesley's reaction on Friday morning was worth all the work. He is STILL thanking me. :-)
Saturday we just hung around, went to the store, and I spent a few hours outside grilling ribs. Mmmm...they were divine. I also grilled some squash, mushrooms, and onions, and had a baked potato on the side. Delicious!
Yesterday my neighbor Allison said she was going to Publix and asked if I needed anything, so I just asked if I could ride with her. I bought some beautiful salmon for Tuesday's dinner. I got lots of fruit and veggies and some amazing Kashi bars -- Pumpkin Pie! Omg, they are delicious! However, my most favorite thing I picked up was this game I used to play all the time when I was little, and I still love it. Does anyone remember the mini wind-up fishing game???
Yep, I bought if for myself, and I can't wait to play it! I think I'm gonna bring it to work to play when I need a break. :-)Tonight I'm going running, probably trail running since it's more shady. For dinner I'm grilling us a juicy steak and more squash! I'm also making ranch potatoes and a side salad. I can't wait for dinner!
I'm totally pumped about this week! When Wesley gets off from the firestation on Thursday morning, we are packing up and leaving to go trout fishing! He's never been, and it's one of my favorite things to do, so I can't wait to show him the ropes! We are only staying one night, because Friday afternoon we are headed to NC to go camping with our neighbors and a bunch of other people! They are all in the trail riding with their Jeeps and Land Rovers and such, so that's what we'll be doing until Sunday. I know Wesley is super excited! I'm kind of not, because I was looking forward to entire weekend with just Wesley trout fishing, but after I planned the trip, our neighbors asked us, and I knew Wesley would really want to go.(Remember, we just bought him to FJ40 Land Cruisers?) I guess Wesley and I can go trout fishing any weekend.
Question -- anyone have some great, healthy, easy to pack and take camping snack ideas, breakfast ideas, and lunch ideas? I'm sure Wesley and I will get tired of the same ole crackers, chips, and sandwiches very quickly.
Have a fabulous Monday!
1 comment:
since you've found a routine for laundry...wanna come do mine? lol. I HATE washing laundry but even more I hate that we never seem to have enough room to put it all away. guess that's an indication to get rid of some? lol.
hope you have a blast trout fishing and camping.
can't seem to think of healthy snack ideas because all that pops into my head is s'mores. lol.
Post a Comment