Wow...where do I begin? Wesley and I had the absolute BEST time ever trout fishing! Everything went perfectly! We got to the camp site around 3:00 p.m. two Thursdays ago (July 23rd). As soon as we set the tent up, we headed to the trout stream. The funniest thing is that Wesley could not bait his own hook with the crickets. He says they were too hard for his big hands to hold on to, but I like to tell the story that he was scared of them! Ha! He ended up catching the first fish, which I was thrilled out, and later he caught the biggest trout I had ever seen! We fished until about 7:30 p.m., went back to camp for a cold beer, I cleaned the fish, I grilled the fish along with some veggies, we ate, and then we relaxed the rest of night. The only thing about that evening was we were camping next to a family and FOUR teenage girls. They were so loud and annoying, but we ended up laughing and making fun of them most of the night. Hahahaha!
Friday we packed up camp, went fishing for a few more hours, bathed in the creek, and then headed to Caney Fork, NC to meet up with our friends for a 4 wheel drive trail riding weekend.. We met them in a WalMart parking lot to follow them to our camp spot. It was only supposed to take about an hour to get up the mountain. The guy we were following said the particular trail we were going up was supposed to be a flat gravel road. Um...no. It was a trail in itself. It was dark, Wesley and I were in a 2wd Ford F150 trying to go up a 6000 ft mountain. To make it worse, the road was narrow, and it was a complete drop off the mountain if you were to ride off the road. Wesley was slipping and sliding the whole time. I cried the entire time in the truck. Wesley felt awful that I was being put through that, bless his heart. I ended up just getting out of the truck and just walking until I couldn't hear squealing of tires any longer. It was the worst 3 hours of my life. Wesley ended up having to be pulled up the moutain by another truck. His truck was scratched to hell and back, too. Anyway, we finally made it to the top of the mountain about 11:30 p.m., and when we arrived, we arrived at a party! Once I calmed down, we set up camp, and popped the top on a cold one(s). There were a ton of people there, and they were all so nice. When we told them which trail we had taken up the mountain, everyone said, "You took THAT trail? No, you should've taken the other trail. It was so smooth." I wanted to start throwing punches everytime I heard that.
Saturday Wesley spent the entire day out with the guys riding trails while I stayed at camp with some other people. That night was another party and bonfire. Sunday we went back down the other trail, and it was so much better.
I will be posting pics soon of our trip, but I did find this video on youtube that one of the guys that was camping with us took. Wesley and I are not in the video that I can see, but you can see our tent at the very end. The campsite you will see is not all the tents that we there. There ended up being more!
This past week, Wesley and I just hung out. I threw a baby shower yesterday. Other than that, I did pretty much nothing.
I'm working out hardcore tonight. I'm thinking about getting p90x. Anyone tried it?
1 comment:
Sounds like a great capming trip (aside from the death ride). i would have been freaking out too! That video looked like a commercial for land rover :)
I've never done P90x, but I've heard lots of good things about it.
Post a Comment