Thursday, August 6, 2009

Well Rested

Yesterday was such a blur. I was so sleepy from staying up too late. I went straight home from work, fell asleep from about 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., woke up long enough to eat dinner, then went back to sleep! I know...it was crazy! I slept too long though, because I'm tired today! Go figure.

After work today, I'm finally going to see Mema. On the way home, I plan on stopping at Kroger to get all my grocery shopping done, and then I'm going home to workout. I plan on running at least 30 minutes, and then I'm gonna bust out my weights. I can't tell you the last time I did any strength training. I used to be able to do a few pushups, but I probably couldn't do two right now; hell, I probably can't do one.

I had a triahtlon training coach a few years ago, and she gave me lots of awesome strength training exercise, and we made up a triathlon training plan for beginners. I'm gonna pull that out tonight and devote myself to it. My only problem is...my bathing suit don't fit anymore, and I'm too self-concious to go swimming right now anyway. Wtf? I know I shouldn't care, but it is still scary. Any advice on how to get over this???

1 comment:

kristen said...

Your not the only one with body issues. I guarantee everybody else in the pool is thinking the same thing about parts of their body. Just get in there and do it. You'll start to loose weight that way too!