Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Adventures In the Kitchen

When I got home from work yesterday, I took a quick nap (well, about an hour long), and then started dinner. I was in a mood to cook. While I had my chicken in the oven, I decided to finally try making some little quiches to have for breakfast this week. After reading Kari's post (Hi, Kari!) and seeing the little quiches she made, I have craving them ever since. Quiche is one of my favorite foods, but I have never made one. Let me just say that I threw them out. They tasted like burnt scrambled eggs. Gag! I called my mom and I told her what I did, and she informed me that I had used way too many eggs for the tiny bit of milk I added to it. I'm now excited to try again tonight, even though I will have to stop at the store for more eggs. Our chicken and pasta and asparagus dinner turned about wonderfully, thank goodness. Here's a pic of the leftovers I brought for lunch.


For breakfast I had a Kashi bar and banana. That really hit the spot.
I've always enjoyed seeing pics of what everyone is eating and stuff, but I'm not one to carry a camera around -- ever. I need to get better. Now, maybe it's the fact that I'm blonde, but I never considered taking a pic with my cell phone and sending it to my email. Duh! Is that what everyone else does?
After work, I'm going with my parents to visit Mema, going to the store, going home to work out (running before it gets dark and creepy people ride around), and then attempt the quiches again. Wish me luck!

No comments: