Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Laziness and Harry Potter

Saturday night I stayed up waaaaaay too late. I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. with my buddies Tim and Amanda. I would have been in bed much earlier, but they had picked me up from home after 11:00 p.m. to stay the night with them (I was too scared to stay at home alone because of a creepy dude that had been roaming my street). I was going to stay with my next door neighbor Allison (Hi, Allison), but I had promised Amanda I would stay with them -- I just thought they were going to pick me up much earlier. Anyway, we ended up drinking beer and singing karaoke until the wee hours of the morning. I definitely can't hang anymore.

Wesley picked me up at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday! I do NOT do well with 4 hours of sleep. As soon as I got into his truck, I asked him to please take me to Bojangles for a cajun chicken biscuit, hashbrowns, and coffee. Mmmmm. (I usually pick one day out of the week to splurge, and dammit, that day was going to be it.)

I was secretly regretting that I had planned a cookout with some of the firefighers and their wives. I knew at some point I had to go to the store to pick up the ribs and then clean the house. By the great grace of God, all of them backed out about lunch time. I was so happy! Wesley and I just lounged all day. We slept some, watched tv, I read some of my book (Harry Potter Year 2), ate crappy foods, etc. It was wonderful! :-)

I finally finished my Harry Potter book last night, and I immediately picked up Year 3. I am re-addicted. Any other Harry Potter fans out there?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

BE careful on your runs! It sounds like that creeper is trying to figure out when you are running/not running. its TOTALLY weird that he only comes around when your hubby is at work. that is NOT good! you gotta be careful & i would be running with a gun or something lol. keep me posted if he is out tonight. be sure to have ur phone and pepper spray and if u wear ipod head phones, only wear one ear bud at a time so you can hear people coming up on you. i'll be thinking of you!

kristen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbors little girl. That's horrible, but I'm going to stay hopefull. Lots of prayers going her way!