Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tears and Beers and Pics!!!

Friday night I had a complete meltdown because of my Mema and how bad she's doing. I was going to go with Wesley to a firefighter competition, but I just didn't feel like it at the last minute. Instead, I drank beer. After a couple of beers, my neighbor said she was going to the store, so I asked her if she would drop me off at Amanda's house. When I got to Amanda's house, I cried and drank. She drank liquor, and I drank beer. And let me tell you, I had a nasty, ugly cry, but I felt sooo much better after. When the competition was over, Wesley picked me up and we went out to eat with another firefighter and his family. My eyes were red and swollen, but I really didn't give a shit. We went to one of my favorite restaurants -- Raffertys. Mmmm.
Saturday we just lounged around, grilled hotdogs for lunch, napped, and went out to eat with my family for dinner at this awesome bbq place called Jot 'Em Down BBQ. Absolutely the best bbq and slaw.
Sunday Wesley was at the firestation, so I cleaned the house, and I mean I cleaned the house. It wasn't messy, but it was dirty. I spent about 4 hours cleaning it. I had some company over, and after they left (around 9 p.m.), I headed out for a run. I knew it was dark and I was home alone, but our road is really safe (knock on wood) and lighted. Well, I had been running for about 25 minutes when this car passed me, turned around, and then crept by me. It freaked me the hell out. I was right at my house when that happened, but I wasn't about to run in my house to show him where I lived, so I just called my neighbor. We live on this quiet road about a 1/2 mile long with a cul-de-sac. I'm one of the first houses in the neighborhood, so I see all the cars go in and out, I know what everyone drives for the most part, and I had never seen that beat-up car before. I will continue to be very cautious. I slept with pepperspray that night. :-)
I made myself go grocery shopping after work last night, and I spent $165! That is actually good, because I bought a ton of stuff, but I used coupons and such, so I saved a lot. I hadn't been grocery shopping in forever. We had nothing at the house, so I stocked up. Hopefully I won't have to go back for a month! I bought some amazing Kashi bars -- cherry dark chocolate and dark mocha almond. Both are delicious. I also bought lots of lean meat, fresh produce, yogurt, pb, and whole grains. I bought cheeze-its, chocolate chip cookies, and fudgerounds for the hubby to keep him happy. I don't like sweets, so I usually forget to buy him anything like that. He was a happy boy when I got home.
Here are some pics from our trout fishing trip to Wildcat Creek in Clarkesville, GA and our 4 wheel off-roadin' trip to Caney Fork, NC. I'm not in any of the pics because I stole these of Wesley's facebook page, but I will post some of me soon!

A trout that Wesley caught. Those are my hands.
Me cleaning one of the trout.

One place where we were fishing.

This is where we bathed on Friday before leaving for our other trip to NC. The water was freezing. I put on my bathing suit and sat in the water, which was only about 6 inches deep. Wesley then helped me wash my hair on the bank of the stream with a gallon of water. I wish we had a video, because it was pretty damn funny, but atleast I was clean.

This was our campsite at Caney Fork, NC. There were actually more tents later. It was crazy, but so much fun!


This was our view. It was spectacular. We were about 6,000 ft. up.

Wesley's truck that got scratched to hell and covered in mud. I thought it looked pretty manly, though. ;-)

1 comment:

kristen said...

Girl, you supposed to run with pepperspray and sleep with a gun when you hubbys gone! I'm glad nothing bad happened. Were you at least running with a headlamp?

Nice pics. Looks beautiful!