It all started on Monday when I started feeling a little crappy -- sore throat and feeling icky. Tuesday I felt much worse. I couldn't decide if I had the flu or a bad sinus infection. I slept from about 6:00 p.m. Tuesday night until 8:00 a.m. yesterday! I immediately called in to work and went straight to the doctor. Yep, I have a sinus infection. Great. I knew it was due time for me to have one.
So...I go home and call Wesley (he was out working his second job) to see if he would stop by the pharmacy on the way home to get my prescription. I picked up my Harry Potter book to read when I got a phone call from my dad.
I immediately knew something was wrong. He said, "Your mom just got a phone call from Tammy (my aunt). The nursing home called Tammy to say that Mema had a stroke and she was unresponsive at the moment." I immediately showered, and then I drove straight to the hospital where I met my mom and dad. We had all beat the ambulance. Mema finally arrived at the hospital, and luckily she was alive. It took a while before my mom was able to go back to see her, and when she came back out the waiting room, she lost it. She said I could go back to see her. When I saw Mema in the hospital bed, it was the most awful feeling. The side of her face was drawn up, she couldn't move, couldn't talk, etc. When she would look at me, it was like this blank stare.
I knew she going downhill fast, but I didn't really think it would be this fast. She is still in the hospital, and will probably be released tomorrow to go back to her nursing home, but her quality of life is so gone.
Here's some pics I took a couple of weeks ago. (Excuse the pic quality -- it was taken with my cell phone.) She was amazed that I could take a picture with my phone! Ha! Bless her heart.


So, I finally made it into work today around 11:00. I stopped at McDonalds on the way in to get a mocha. On top of feeling like ass, I think I've somehow pulled a muscle in my back, and then I spilt my mocha all over the front of my shirt and all over my desk just by taking the top off of it! I just had to cuss and then laugh about it. :-)
Please keep my Mema and my family in your prayers still.
3 comments:
Wow it sounds like you have a lot to deal with right now and I will for surely keep you, your family, and Mema in my prayers. May God give you the strength to get through these tough times. ((HUGS))
Hello Cristy,
So sorry to hear about your grandmother... I will be sending all my prayer for her recovery.
I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning about triathlon. I think your blog is very helpful and believe that you could reach even more people if you joined Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN is comprised of over 2,600 of the web's best health writers and their content is read by over 6 million visitors a month at Wellsphere.com.
For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.
Hope you will get over your sinus infection soon.
Best Regards to you and your grandma,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
Mema is so cute! I'm sorry for the issues she's dealing with. It reminds me of my grandmother. It was so hard to see her like that. Just be there with your family, that's all you can do. Many prayers coming your way.
Post a Comment