Last Tuesday my husband called to tell me my dad had a heartattack. He had a heartattack at work. It is only by God's will that he's still alive. By the grace of God, his coworkers just happened to be right beside him and immediately gave him cpr. They saved his life. Mom, my brother Stan, and I were able to go back into the er with him while they were still working on him. I stood right beside him thinking, "I'm watching my dad die."
They immediately put him into a hypothermia state (which protects the organs) and put him into a medically induced coma. We didn't know if he would wake up. Amazingly, they warmed him body up on Wednesday and woke him up on Thursday. He woke up, but we weren't sure of his brain damage. The neurologist told us on Friday that he wasn't sure if dad would be able to improve, but Friday night he started trying to talk, not clearly, but it was understandable! Saturday he said his name! Yesterday he reached for my hand! He is progressing! Thank the good Lord!
Mom and I are literally living at the hospital. The hospital has guest houses, so we are never far away from him. It's gonna be a long recovery, but we will be right beside him. Please pray for his recovery and that he hangs in there. His name is Stanley Payne.
Wednesday, the day after dad's heartattack, we got the phone call that Mema had passed away. She had been holding on for so long. The family had been called in twice the weekend before, but she somehow kept holding on. I truly believe that she finally let go to go help God take care of dad. Also, her being in heaven is the only way she could be with my mom and us to help us get through this.
Dad still doesn't know that Mema has passed. He's gonna be so upset when he knows that he was in a coma when Mema died. He's gonna be so sad to know he couldn't be there for my mom and our family, but she's gonna reassure him that he was there for her -- he's alive!
Please pray for my entire family. It's been a roller coaster of emotions and it's gonna be a long road, but we will make it through together.
Mema - I love you more than you ever knew, and I will miss you everyday. I hope you are singing and skipping in heaven right now, and I hope you are also hanging out with dad as much as possible to make sure he's doing okay. Thanks for everything you've done for me. I will miss you so much. RIP Mema 11/09/1921 - 09/09/2009
3 comments:
Oh girl, I don't know what to say. I will be praying for you, your family and of course your dad. Your a good daughter!
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
Christy first I want to say that I am so sorry for your loss of your Mema, and the difficult time you have been faced with your father. That is some scary stuff. Be strong but know that if you need to talk we are here to listen and support you. It's a wonder why or how things work out the way they do. In Gods time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you still. Praying that everyone is okay, and that you are finding the strength to get through the difficult times.
Post a Comment