So funny I posted yesterday about my emotional breakdown two nights ago, because that emotional breakdown does not even compared to the one last night.
I was planning on trail running after work, but it started raining, so I headed home to run on the treadmill. When I walked in the door, Wesley told me he had some bad news -- our 20+ year old air conditioning unit quit. I sat in silence for about ten minutes, and then I lost it. Totally lost it. I cried that horrible, shaking cry. Infront of my toddler and everything. Yep. It was bad.
I guess I should be thankful that it quit now and not the beginning of the summer. Wesley wants to try to tough it out and buy a new one with our tax return next year. We will see if we can make it. We do not have near enough money for a new unit, and we don't have a credit card, so I am not sure what we will do if we can't hold off till next year.
Another thing that makes me sad is that I had grand plans for our next tax return. I was going to have a new kitchen floor put in, buy a swing set for Wes, get new tires for Wesley's truck, put some towards a trip to Disney, and save the rest. Nope, now it will ALL go to a new AC, and then we will have to come up with the rest to cover the cost. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would say I am being a "Debbie Downer," but I am going to call myself a "Delores Downer" instead. Why? Because my coworker calls me "Delores" because my last name is Morris. All day I am "Delores Morris" and Wesley is referred to as "Horrace." Yes, it brings a smile to my face, too. The same coworker has Type 1 Diabetes, so we call her "Debbie Diabeetus." Some say it's mean, but she finds it hilarious, and it's all in good fun. :-)
Part of me wants to go home and mope, but I am thinking that if I do not make myself go running after work to blow off some steam, I might shoot someone or fall into an even deeper depression. Which reminds me...I need to get my Zoloft refilled. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment