We never really went out to eat alone before his heart attack anyway, because mom was always with us. We did, however, talk on the phone daily, and we would go hunting and fishing, and we did yard work together. Since his heart attack, we have spent time alone together when he would stay at our house when mom would go out of town, but I haven't taken him anywhere special. Tonight I am taking him to our favorite Chinese restaurant, and I could not be more excited! My mom is watching Wes, so Dad and I can take our time and enjoy ourselves. I am not sure that he will remember this tomorrow since he has no short term memory, but I will cherish it forever, I am positive.
On another note, I am trying to get on board with training for a half marathon. I was going to do the half marathon here in Athens in October, but I haven't signed up, yet. My husband has, though. After thinking about it, I think I am doing to plan on doing the one the Sunday after Thanksgiving. That will definitely give me enough time to train. I also don't really want to do the one in Athens, because there will be a ton of people I know there, and I really don't want them to see me all out of shape crawling across the finish line. I am
Do you have any goals or things you want to do, but are too chicken to attempt because you are worried about embarrassing yourself?
No comments:
Post a Comment