Wow. I am such a bad person. After the crappy birthday I had, we went out to Olive Garden with Ms. Vicky last night. Well, her cards were declined, so I ended up paying for my own dinner, which wasn't cheap. I felt so bad for her. I wasn't mad at the situation, but I was just shocked that one more thing could go wrong for me.
Anyway, so Wesley and I went home, and I was in such a bad mood that I fell asleep in the recliner. (My original plans were to spend the remainder of the evening in the hottub with a glass of wine!) About 11:00 p.m., I woke up and Wesley and I got in the hottub for about 10 minutes. I felt a lot more relaxed immediately. We headed to bed, and I thought I would be able to fall right back to sleep. Nope. Instead I started thinking. I started thinking about all that I had been complaining about. It hit me how selfish, self-centered, and hateful I had been. My poor mema went to the hospital, and I was upset that I didn't get my birthday cake with candles? Wow. The more I thought about it, the more sicker I felt. I had the best birthday. Wesley took me to the Celine Dion concert on the 17th and had the best time. My closest friends came over on the 24th, and we had a blast (who cares if others didn't show up?). I had a ton of people wish me "Happy Birthday" on facebook. I had a wonderful dinner at Peking, and my niece and nephew made my birthday cake this year! I spent so long throwing myself a pity-party that I didn't take the time to realize this.
Damn. Even after 27 years, I still have some growing up to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment