Okay, so last night I got home late because I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home. The last thing I wanted to do was workout and then cook dinner; however, I knew I would feel so great afterwards. Ha. Nothing ever goes as planned.
I found this recipe yesterday -- Chicken, Shrimp, and Sausage Stew -- and I was just sooo excited to try it. I got everything I needed from the store (plus some) and was ready to cook up this delicious stew for me and my hubby. I made myself get on the bike for half an hour. After the workout, I started all the prepping -- peeled the shrimp, cut up the bell peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, sausage, etc. That alone took over 30 minutes! Actually, almost an hour. Believe me -- it was a lot of washing and chopping going on. Then I had to cook all the meat, saute the veggies, yada, yada, yada. Not to mention the awful burn I got on one part of my body I am NOT mentioning after some just splashed out of the pot! Poor Wesley. He was so patient. After all was said and done (about 3 hours after I got off the bike -- about 10 p.m.), we finally sat down to the most wonderful dinner. The cornbread I made to go along with it was perfect with it! I guess it's true that good things do come to those who wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment