- We have totally redecorated our house over the past four years. We went from having his parents' old couch, some beat up coffee tables, ugly ass paint, and the list goes on. We have repainted, recently gotten a new couch and oversized chair, new coffee and end tables, decorated our bedroom to look romantic and not some college kid's space, etc.
- Our personalities and interests have changed in a good way. Our idea of fun used to be sitting around drinking beer on weekends or partying downtown. Don't get me wrong -- we still love beer -- but we really enjoy just hanging out at home now playing board games. We have really gotten in to watching movies, too, which used to bore me to death. The pregnancy thing has really had a part in this, too, I'm sure.
- We are much more inlove, believe it or not. I didn't think I could love him more than I did on my wedding day. Boy, was I wrong. He has grown into such a strong, responsible, and compassionate man. He surprises me by doing parts of the housework I hate, and he does the other parts I don't hate. If I say I need anything from the store, he immediately offers to go for me so I won't have to. He takes care of our house and me, and he has the best attitude about it. In return, I'm always looking for things to do for Wesley or surprise him with. His favorite surprise in the world is when I stop at the store on the way home from work and get him chocolate milk. I still leave cute notes for him and stuff like that. We have just made a decision to never quit trying for each other, and all the sweet stuff comes easily since we really love eachother.
- My father had a heartattack last year, which completely changed our family. It made our entire lives comes to a hault. When dad was able to pull through, it changed our family for the better. We now really cherish every moment. We have had to work together to take care of dad. He still needs constant care, rides to the doctor, etc., and it's really awesome how we have all come together as a family. Everything happens for a reason. My husband has been the main one to step up, and it has really opened my eyes to a whole new side of him. On his days off from the firestation, he helps take care of their house, mows their grass, sits with dad when mom needs to go somewhere, and so on. That means more to me than he will ever know.
- We have broken off some relationships with friends that were really crappy, we have made some really amazing friends to take their place, and our friends that have been awesome to begin with are still just as awesome. We will never take our friends for granted.
I could name many, many more things, but it would take all day. I am just so fortunate to have a husband that I can say I truly love, and I know he loves me with all he has. I can't wait for Baby Wes to join us next year so we can spread the love to him.
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
I LOVE this post. Isn't marriage wonderful!! Your married to an awesome guy and your an awesome wife!
Walking - I know EXACTLY what you mean. I never go for walks unless it's with my husband and more like a date situation. I have never felt like it's a way of exercise for me. However, I do have a girlfriend who is a total badass (ironman and overall stellar athlete) who recently had her first baby and she took up walking when she couldn't run anymore (due to big ass belly etc...). It kinda opened my eyes up to walking as an actual way of exercise. Everybody is at a different place and fitness level. Who am I to begrudge them of their efforts. So if walking is what you have to work with - you go girl!
Post a Comment