Monday, October 18, 2010

Anniversary Trip, Bad Eating (Again), and Current Craving

This past weekend Wesley and I went on a short, over-night road trip to celebrate our 4th anniversary! Let me start off by saying that I'm the type of person who enjoys beaches, lakes, or cabins for a vacation. Wesley, on the other hand, would rather be visiting historic sites or museums. Don't get me wrong, I love those things too, but that's not my idea of romance or relaxing. That being said, Wesley decided a couple of years ago that he wanted to visit a town in south Georgia called Morris, GA because Morris is our last name. I've always rolled my eyes at the thought of driving four hours just to say we have been to one stupid town. When talk came up of where to go for our anniversary this year, we mentioned going to stay at a cozy cabin. Then it hit me and I said, "Let's go to Morris, GA!" Wesley thought I had officially lost it. I figured we would surely make it a great time, it would be cheap, and it would be memorable.
Thursday was our anniversary, and we went out to a nice dinner at Outback Steakhouse. We slept in Friday, got showered, packed a very small bag (which is unheard of for me because I usually have to take many outfits, three or four pairs of shoes, hair stuff, makeup, magazines, etc.), and took off. The four hour trip took us about seven hours because we stopped at cute shops, boutiques, ice cream places, and road side stands.

The time finally came when we were about to be in Morris, GA. For some reason, we got so excited about it! And then there it was in all it's glory...Morris, GA...one stop sign, one road sign, one tiny post office that isn't in business any more, and one little firestation (it might have fit my Honda Civic in it) that looks like it needs to be torn down. We laughed so hard while taking all kinds of pics.

A few feet down the road, we found the sign that said, "Morris Unincorporated." We parked on the side of the road to take some pics. No other cars were in sight, so we weren't too embarrassed to be doing this. I told Wesley to put the camera on the hood of his truck so we could take a family pic by the sign. As soon as the set the timer, ran back to me to have the pic taken, a car drove by. Haha! We thought that was the funniest part! I'm sure they thought we were drunk or something.

The trip ended up being a complete and total success. We ate at awesome little hole-in-the-wall places, held hands, did crossword puzzles, and just enjoyed each other's company. I would rather have done that then stay at some cabin any day.

The only bad part of the trip was the crap I ate. I ate a hotdog, a blizzard from Dairy Queen, and other junk. I can totally feel it, too. Although I walked around a good bit, I missed actually working out.

Today on the agenda is a good run. After work, I'm going out to eat with my parents, and then I'm going home to run on the treadmill. I would run outside, but it will be too dark by that time.

Current craving you may be wondering about? Apple Dumplings. I have no clue why. I've never just had to have one before. My uncle makes the most delicious ones. The recipe actually calls for a can a sprite to be poured over the whole things before baking. Weird but so good! Why do I crave horrible stuff? Why can't I crave baby carrots, kale, tofu, and mango? Ugh. Whatever. It is what it is. Luckily, I don't bake, so I won't be too tempted to whip up a batch of apple dumplings tonight.

No comments: