Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blog Face Lift and Opinions of Walking

I'm changing up my blog, folks! I'm sick of the look of it and I'm sick of the title. My bff is really, really awesome designing anything from homes to stuff on the computer, so she is gonna spice my blog up. I'm also changing the title. I want to change the title to something cuter and more well-rounded and more suited to my blog since I talk about anything from family to working out. I'm excited and hope you like it when it gets finished!

Changing the subject -- I'm thinking of getting an iphone. I have a good phone, but it takes crappy pictures. We painted the nursery this past weekend, and I took a pic with my phone since I can never find my camera. The pic quality is so shitty. Anyway, here it is anyway. The corners hadn't been completely painted yet...


We decided to go with brown paint. It is actually so soothing and comforting. The room we chose for the nursery gets so much sunlight, so I decided I didn't want bright paint in it because I always envisioned a calm, neutral room, not baby blue with lots of bright colors along with it.

Changing the subject again -- I went to the doctor last Friday for my 4 week checkup. I gained 7 lbs in the past 4 weeks! WTF? I know, I know, I'm pregnant, but dang! That brings my total weight gain to 8 lbs. My blood pressure was high, too. Big uh-oh. The week before it was 117/78. Last Friday is was 140 something/90something. Yeah, crappy. Anyway, the dr. made me go back yesterday for another bp reading and it was back to normal, thank God! You know what I think it was? Boiled peanuts. I ate boiled peanuts THREE times last week because I craved them so badly. I knew they were loaded with sodium, but I didn't care. I guess I'll start caring now, huh?

I think I'm going to post my cravings daily. Sometimes they are actually funny. Current craving? Hushpuppies with hot sauce. I have not a clue where this is coming from. I've never craved hushpuppies before. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved them, but usually it's the fried catfish I crave with hushpuppies on the side. Last week I craved crab rangoons from our local Chinese place. Not only did I crave those, but I also craved the spicy Chinese yellow mustard that makes your nose hairs burn.

Before I move on to my next subject, I would please like to ask all you walkers out there to not hate me or quit following my blog for what I'm about to talk about.

I would really like to talk about walking for a second, and I would love you fitness gurus (ahem...Kristen) to give me your opinion. I've never been much of a walker. I've been a runner. I love the drenched-in-sweat kind of run (or any type of workout, for that matter). Walking has never appealed to me. When I go walking, I don't feel like I'm doing much. I've had lots of friends lose lots of weight from walking, and I know it is very great for your joints and overall health, but it seems so easy and boring to me, personally (don't send me hate mail b/c of what I just said, please). Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about?

That being said, I know I need to face the reality that I might need to start walking. I'm only half way through this pregnancy, and it is already getting tough for me to do some things (i.e. sitting up from a lying down position....and running.) What are your toughts about walking and walkers? I need some motivation to get out there a walk. I need someone to tell me how awesome walking is and why I'm not a sissy for walking (again, please no hate mail). Any encouragement, opinions, and/or motivation would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Kari@Onederland said...

I LOVE brown. There's so many great accent colors that can go along with it!!! I'm not sure i've ever tried hushpuppies, or boiled peanuts? for that matter. :) I think that if it's getting hard for you to run you need to listen to your body, and take it down a notch and take up walking. Find a walking partner, a friend, your husband, or even your pooch!!!