Monday, October 25, 2010

A Clean House

A clean house just makes everything better, don't cha think? I've always been a neat freak, but during my first trimester, I really could've cared less if stuff was out of place or dishes were piled in the sink. Finally, I got my energy back this second trimester, and I think I've already started "nesting" as well. I've started noticing stuff I haven't really noticed before -- that one stack of magazines in the bathroom, how my craft ribbons are in the drawer below the one they are supposed to be in, the spider webs in the garage, that one tiny spot on the carpet, how I need to sanitize the remote controls to our tv...yep, I'm going crazy!

But you know what? When my house is in order, it seems like everything else goes smoothly. I'm more inclined to not skip that workout, I really feel like cooking a good meal, I am not as stressed, I feel more motivated to check off little things on my to-do list, etc. Not to mention how great a clean house smells! Anyone else out there as anal as I am about keeping their house clean?

On the food front:
I skipped breakfast today (GASP!!!). Yep, I completely forgot about it. I was so busy at work this morning, and when I looked up to see what time it was, it was already 11 am! I had two tacos for lunch, I'm gonna have a tangerine for a snack, and we are having left-over chili for dinner.

I have stuff to make either a turkey sandwich or a pb & strawberry jelly sandwich for lunch the rest of this week at work. I have lots of healthy stuff for breakfasts (Ensure drinks, bananas, fiber bars, etc.) and snacks (nectarines, fiber bars, pickles, etc.). Dinners will be lean meat, whole grain, and veggies.

On the workout front:
I'm either doing the treadmill or bike tonight. I plan on trail running, possibly swimming, and maybe some prenatal yoga this week. I'll keep y'all updated.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Christy! I sent you an email, you are doing fabulous! And I totally agree on the clean house, your life just seems much smoother/better. I can't say my house is....ever clean so I can appreciate a clean house for sure. I wish I had fairies to keep up :)