Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Publix Subs and Excuses

Does anyone out there love Publix's subs as much as I do? I'm not sure if they have Publix grocery stores up North or not. Anyway, they are the best, and I've been craving them. I was thinking of things to keep here at work to make for lunch, so I thought I would buy everything from Publix to try to make their subs. I made my first today, and it was delicious! Maybe not quite as good as if Publix had made it, but it was great! Now I'm snacking on a honeycrisp apple and feeling good.

I ate really, really well yesterday, and I felt great in return. Yesterday I had a banana and a fiber one bar for breakfast, a healthy burrito for lunch, a huge apple, pickle, and then I had salmon and a baked potato for dinner. I didn't get all my water in, though. I have GOT to work on that!

I had plans for running after work. When I got home, my nextdoor neighbor was there helping my husband with the nursery's ceiling fan. I started talking to them and before I knew it, Wesley was asking for dinner. Of course, I never got the run in. Why? I have no clue. I could have easily gotten on the treadmill after dinner, but instead I curled up on the couch and watched tv with Wesley. Ugh.

Something really did inspire me yesterday, though. I came across the Back In Step blog, and I love it. She decided a couple of years ago she wanted to lose weight, and instead of just wishing it or talking about it, she actually did it. Now she is a thin, awesome runner. I love reading her old posts, because it shows her struggles with eating and working out, but she kept at it and didn't get discouraged to stop. She also showed me that just because you have small children in the house, you can somehow still fit in that run or walk or something. That was very refreshing to read when all I hear now is, "When you have that baby, you won't even have time for a shower, let alone workout time!" I am extremely lucky that I have an awesome mom that lives two minutes from me that plans to be at my house constantly to help with the baby, housework, meals, and give me time for runs and showers.

Here are my meals so far today:

Water:
3 glasses

Breakfast:
banana
fiber one bar

Lunch:
6 in turkey sub on whole wheat bread with...
tomato
pickles
pepperjack cheese
a little mayo

Snack:
huge honeycrisp apple

Dinner tonight at small group will be hotdogs and salad. Hopefully there will be whole wheat buns present, but if not, I'll just eat the hotdog with no bun. When I get home, I'm gonna get on the treadmill or bike -- whichever the mood strikes me.

Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't have Publix here, but there's a sub shop called Quizno's, and I love their subs. They're the only subs I like. Mmmmm, Quizno's...

Do you have Quizno's there?

Christy said...

Yes, Lainey, and I just adore Quizno's. Great...now I'm craving that place. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Haha, sorry! lol :p