As I've mentioned before, I'm sure, I have always had an all-or-nothing attitude. If I eat healthy all day, then I feel great. However, if I happen to have one bad thing to eat, say...a cookie at lunch, I will be like, "Well, I screwed today up. I'll just start tomorrow."
It's a horrible, horrible cycle that I am having a hard time breaking. I know I need to look at things completely differently and not beat myself up over one bad thing. I know that I will eat bad stuff throughout my life (birthday cake, casseroles during the holidays, etc.), and that things are fine in moderation. I just need to not be as hard on myself.
I'm having problems with some friends that seem like they just want to sabotage my efforts. They are constantly bringing me cookies, candies, cupcakes, and bagels. I feel bad declining them. I usually just wait for them to leave and then I toss them. What do you do when this happens? Do you say, "Oh no thanks. I'm watching my diet." And, if I say I'm gonna go running, they say, "Why would you do that? What's the point of running?" UGH!!! Maybe they are just jealous they aren't getting off their butt to do something?
Then I have a couple of friends that stresses over counting every single calorie, and that it's driving me c-r-a-z-y. All they are able about to talk about is eating healthy and working out. Don't get me wrong...I could talk about fitness stuff all day, but if I were to put one semi-bad thing near my mouth, they would be like "OMG!!! Do you know how many calories are in that?!" Totally driving me insane. What do you do in that situation? Do you say, "Listen, thanks for the advice, but shut the hell up!"
It seems hard to find friends with that healthy balance that I can talk to, do you know what I mean? Why can't people just be normal? :-)
2 comments:
Don't beat yourself up! Please keep that "one bad thing" in perspective, like you said. I wrote about this very topic on my blog today. Remember, you're in this for the long haul, and don't let one slipup derail you! You can do this!
Oh by the way:
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
Post a Comment