Thursday, May 14, 2009

Not What I Had Planned

Last night, nothing went as scheduled. I am one of those people that make a to-do list everyday, and I like to plan my days out. Don't get me wrong, I can be spontaneous, but planning my day makes me fit in a workout amid the chaos.

Well, last night Wesley got home with his two FJ40's. I ended up running him all over the town dropping off trailers and a truck he borrowed. We got home about 9:30 p.m., and I still had to cook dinner. I still grilled us a nice steak (btw -- I used Lawry's Baja Chipotle marinade for the steaks, and it was so delicious!). The steaks were awesome. We ate and went immediately to bed. In the bed I was thinking -- I've got to loosen up a little. I can't get so frustrated when I can't get a workout in just because my day doesn't go as I planned it. I need to work on being way more flexible. I could have squeezed in 10 min here, 15 min there yesterday. Anyway, I still have lots to work on. Tonight will put me to the test. My niece has a soccer game at 6, my nephew has a baseball game at 7:45, and I have to clean the house at some point. Even if I have to hop on the treadmill or bike at 11:30, I'm gonna do it.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kari@Onederland said...

I definately can relate. I'm a planner...every day making lists of when things should be done, what should be done, etc. I try my hardest to just let go of it because half the time I don't follow through or something comes up that changes the plans.

Mrs. Buck said...

ooh, your dedication to working out is impressive - I'll take any excuse not to work out - it's bad, very bad! Keep ut the good work and hopefully some of your dedication will wear off on me!