I seriously might do a cartwheel on the way to my car at 5:00. I'm so very excited that Monday is a holiday! It's been forever since I've had a long weekend! The best part is -- I don't have any plans except for some cookouts with friends and family! We are also going to church on Sunday because my brother is getting baptized!
Today I feel hopeful and energetic. Yesterday I felt like a big, fat, sweaty blob. I had every intention of working out yesterday, but when I got home I decided that I needed to work on my landscaping in my backyard. I got nothing accomplished. Instead, I ended up sitting on the patio staring at the yard, and I actually shed a tear because I felt so overwhelmed. It's going to be a lot of work. Tomorrow I'm going to get on the ball and get some work done, and I'm going to take it one day at a time. I do feel proud of myself so far because I haven't killed any plants -- well, except for the cucumber and cilantro. Ugh.
Today I met my former boss at Longhorn's Steakhouse for lunch. I really wanted the steak with the fried onions on top with a loaded baked potato, but instead I ordered the salmon salad, and I do not regret that one bit. Not only was it absolutely, freakin' delicious, but it's amazing how different you feel all day when you put good things in your body.
When I get off work today, I'm going home to ride my bike for at least 30 minutes, and then Wesley and I are going to Tim and Amanda's to hang out, sing karaoke, and drink some cold beer. 64 calorie beer, that is. :-)
Cheers!
1 comment:
I hope you enjoy the long weekend. I'm LOVING it! Thanks for stopping by my blog too! :) :)
Post a Comment