Thursday, June 25, 2009

Doing Great Today

Even though being sick this week has sucked, getting the extra sleep has been great. I woke up feeling a lot better today (knock on wood), and I have had more energy today. I've made some really great food choices today, too. I've had things today like yogurt with fresh blueberries and home-grown cucumbers. I went to lunch with my mom, my neighbor, and her mom, and I ordered a nice lean steak (very small one) with potatoes and steamed veggies (again, small portions). I ate half of my steak then, and just ate the other half now. I've been eating every 3 or 4 hours, and I can really tell a difference in my energy level.

Since Wesley's birthday this past Sunday wasn't anything special (sickness, Father's Day, etc.), I decided to surprise him with something special tomorrow. Hell, I didn't even give him a card on his bday!!! Tragic, I know! (Anyone that knows me will testify that I love cards, and I usually give way more than one. Oh, and most of the time I make them myself). I didn't even get him a present really! We went to Academy Sports on Sunday afternoon to get my dad's present (Gasp! I know, I waited till the very last minute), and I said, "Okay, what do you want for your birthday?" He picked out a lawn chair. Big whoopdy-do. Birthdays are a really big deal in our birthday (except for mine that always gets ruined), so I wanna make it up to him, especially after the two weeks he's had.

He's at the firestation today, so I'm gonna go home and clean the house top to bottom, make him some cards, decorate, bake a small cake, and grill a fabulous dinner for him tomorrow. He deserves something special.

No comments: