Man, is it raining outside. Thank God, too, because I don't have to water the plants today! Whoo hoo! But, I just love rain anyway. I am so thrilled that tomatoes and egglant look like they are going to make it! I have the cutest little banana peppers starting to pop out, and some jalapenos, and tiny little roma tomatoes. Everytime I look at them, I say, "Awwwwww!" My herbs are doing great, just like last year (knock on wood). I just love walking out my backdoor onto my patio from my kitchen and having the herbs right there for me to use. I made some salmon last night with fresh dill and basil and some potatoes with fresh chives and basil. Mmmmm...
My little patio pond is doing great. I have the cutest three fishies, water lilies, lizard tails (a plant, not the real thing, that would be gross), and some random floating plants in a huge galvanized bucket. I thought one of the fishies was about to die yesterday. It was just kind of floating there, not acting right. It even let me touch it. I almost took it out and flushed it. I went out about an hour later, and it was swimming around like normal! Ha! Good thing I didn't send it to the sewer!
Tonight the hubs is at the firestation, so I'm going to take advantage of the empty house and clean, clean, and clean. I love having a fresh, clean house on the weekend. I'm also going to cook some dishes tonight so I just have to warm up stuff this weekend. Ever since I've gotten my backyard kind of where I want it for now, I've been feeling very "home-maker" like. I feel like cleaning, cooking, organizing, etc. Ha! I don't know what it is!
I also am going to make myself go for a little jog, even if it's still raining. Jogging in the rain is one of my favorite things. I love getting home from a jog dripping wet from rain. Call me crazy.
Happy Puddle Jumping!
1 comment:
I love running in the rain too. It's so exilerating. So many runners head for the treadmill. I don't get it. I LOATHE the treadmill and would rather just skip a run than resort to that.
Post a Comment