Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grilling, Softball, and Some Planting

This weekend was awesome. I spent Friday night with my neighbors. They needed to borrow my grill since they were out of propane. We ended up hanging out all night and having a blast. Wesley was at the firestation, so he missed out on an awesome night.

Saturday I had another Pampered Chef show. On my way home, at the last minute I decided to pull into Kroger because I wanted to grill some chicken. Now, what my friends will probably not believe is that I actually bought chicken breasts on the bone! In the almost four years of living in my house, I've only bought chicken on the bone maybe twice, and they were wings to deep fry for a party. Raw chicken on the bone has been known to make me puke, recently actually. I don't know what got into me on Saturday.

I grilled two types of chicken -- mojito chicken and buffalo bbq chicken. I also grilled some andouille sausage, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and I fixed some baked beans. Mmmm... I meant to take a pic, but I completely forgot!

Sunday I spent the day with my mom, dad, and hubby at this awesome place called Thyme After Thyme. It's this awesome plant store. It's like walking through a secret garden. I got some awesome new stuff! We spend Sunday evening getting my backyard done! It's all done! All this time I've been feeling so overwhelmed, and with a little help, we got it knocked out in no time! I am definitely taking pics tonight to post! I didn't think my tomatoes and eggplant were going to make it, but it turns out that I wasn't watering them near enough. (Anyone that knows me will testify that I kill plants faster than anyone on the face of this earth, but I am trying, dammit!)

In the middle of all the stuff going on this past weekend, I did stay glued to the softball games! Man, I miss softball so much. I was so sorry to see UGA sent home, and now I'm cheering for Washington! I hate the Florida Gators with a passion, and I hope they get their asses kicked again tonight! Go Huskies!

Tonight I'm "slogging" (slow jogging), cooking, watering plants, and watching the game. I can't decide what I want for dinner. I have some stuff to stirfry, but I'm not really feeling it. Maybe a big, juicy hamburger? Yep, that's what it's going to be.

2 comments:

kristen said...

A girl after my own heart - bbq, gardening, and softball. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

What do we eat - GATOR MEAT!!

Kari@Onederland said...

I'm with you on the not purchasing chicken on a bone. BARF. Last time I made myself do it for the hubby and bought chicken wings, sauced them up, and bbq'd them thinking they would be good. Couldn't eat em. The bone, the fat, the chewy...yuck. I'll stick with my boneless, skinless breasts! lol