The hubs and I were sitting around yesterday when he got a phone call from on the firefighters from his station. He was calling to tell Wesley that another firefighter Michael from his station/shift was found dead yesterday in his house. What is so sad is that Michael was at the firestation Saturday with all of them, but went home sick about 7:00 p.m. on Saturday night. His wife found him around 2:00 p.m. yesterday. They were going through some marital problems, so we are not sure if it was an accident or suicide. They have three precious children, too, so it definitely breaks my heart that next Sunday is Father's Day. I just held Wesley last night knowing that I'm lucky that I still have my husband here with me. What's amazing is how all the firefighters and their wives came together yesterday. It will give you chills to see how close they are and how they will do anything for each other and their families.
On a happier note, I got my pool all set up Saturday morning, and I spent most of Saturday floating around in it all by myself. It was so relazing. I just floated and listened to the birds around me. I got a little too much sun, but that's okay. Now if I could just look good in my swimsuit, I would be set.
1 comment:
That's horrible news. I don't know what to say. We are both very lucky!
Post a Comment